The “Ports as New Magnets for Urban Sustainable Development” meeting will take place in Malta on May 24th-25th 2012, promoted by ICOMOS-International Council on Monuments and Sites and ISCEC-International Scientific Committee on Economics of Conservation.
The most important aims of the meeting would be:
- - to seek for appropriate indicators and research tools for mapping out the performance of new port area/cities development initiatives;
- - to identify principles that would reconcile the different objectives and initiatives of a multiplicity of distinct stakeholders;
- - to identify the necessary conditions for the design of the creative sector and sustainable developments in port areas/cities;
- - to seek for a balanced development of – and cooperation between – the various stakeholders’ interests regarding port areas;
- - to map out learning modes based on good practices or experiences in various parts of the world.
Submission of abstracts deadline: May 12, 2012
For further information: www.portsmagnets2012.com